Karly Houchin is a 2017 graduate of St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, where she focused her studies on construction law and clerked at multiple construction litigation firms in the San Antonio and Austin areas. She also served as an extern from the Honorable Pamela Mathy of the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, an experience that provided valuable insight into dispute resolution from a federal judge’s point of view.
Ms. Houchin completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Texas at Austin, where she majored in Psychology and minored in Rhetoric and Writing. She is currently training to run her first half-marathon, and she enjoys playing golf and keeping up with Longhorn athletic events.
- Bar examination results pending, November 2017
Industry Involvement and Memberships
- Travis County Women Lawyers Association
- Young Women’s Alliance
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- J.D., St. Mary’s University School of Law (2017)
- Managing Executive Editor of The Scholar: St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice
- Credit with honors awarded for publication in Sandra Day O’Conner School of Law’s Law Review on Social Justice
- Member, William S. Sessions American Inn of Court
- Recipient, Judge K.K. Woodley Memorial Scholarship
- B.A., University of Texas at Austin (2014)