Our firm was founded on January 1, 1995, by William R. Allensworth, who had amassed over 20 years experience as a litigation partner in a major Texas firm. Mr. Allensworth is a Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers, is Board Certified in Civil Litigation and is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Texas School of Law, where he teaches courses in Construction Law and Construction Litigation. Mr. Allensworth has tried scores of jury cases and has handled appeals in both state and federal courts, including several of the more significant construction decisions rendered by the Texas appellate courts.
A number of lawyers at our firm have been recognized as leaders in the field of construction law, through publications that include Chambers USA, The Legal 500, Martindale Hubbell and Texas Monthly’s Super Lawyers and Rising Stars editions, among others. The firm’s attorneys have distinguished themselves through their local, regional and national service in prominent industry groups, including in the American College of Construction Lawyers, the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Rotary International, the State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section, the American Institute of Architects, and many other groups, often in leadership positions.
Allensworth & Porter’s approach to client relationships brings the considerable and diverse experience of all partners to offer constructive counsel for each client.
Areas of Practice
- “They bring fresh air to the most challenging situations.”
- “Comfortable security tinged with wisdom.”
- “They have no competition.”
- “Everyone in field speaks about them as if they are the only [construction attorneys].”
- “It’s a good law firm that knows the industry and understands our needs.”
- “They make us feel comfortable and we trust them.”
- “[Allensworth & Porter is] accessible, hands-on, flexible and responsive.”
- “…friendly and approachable, they speak our language.”
- “…best guys I know of.”
- “…in-tune and informed about our industry…”
- “…we like ‘em!”