Founded by William R. Allensworth in 1995, Allensworth & Porter, LLP is one of the leading construction law firms in Texas, representing clients in all facets of the construction industry, including architects, engineers, contractors, owners, developers, municipalities, utilities and suppliers.
Allensworth & Porter was founded on January 1, 1995, by William R. Allensworth, who had over 20 years experience as a litigation partner in a major Texas firm. Mr. Allensworth is a Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers, is Board Certified in Civil Litigation and is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Texas School of Law, where he teaches courses in Construction Law and Construction Litigation. Mr. Allensworth has taught more than 20 semesters of courses in Construction litigation since the early 1990s.
A number of lawyers at our firm have been recognized as leaders in their field, through publications including Best Lawyer’s Lawyer of the Year, Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Award Chambers USA, The Legal 500, and Texas Monthly’s Super Lawyers and Rising Stars editions, among others. The firm’s attorneys have distinguished themselves through their local, regional and national service in distinguished industry groups. Our lawyers are or have been actively involved in the American College of Construction Lawyers, the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, the American Inns of Court, the Texas Association of Defense Counsel, Rotary International, the State Bar of Texas Construction Law Section, the American Institute of Architects, Real Estate Council of Austin and many other groups, often in leadership positions.
Areas of Practice
- “They bring fresh air to the most challenging situations.”
- “Comfortable security tinged with wisdom.”
- “They have no competition.”
- “Everyone in field speaks about them as if they are the only [construction attorneys].”
- “It’s a good law firm that knows the industry and understands our needs.”
- “They make us feel comfortable and we trust them.”
- “[Allensworth & Porter is] accessible, hands-on, flexible and responsive.”
- “…friendly and approachable, they speak our language.”
- “…best guys I know of.”
- “…in-tune and informed about our industry…”
- “…we like ‘em!”