William R. Allensworth has tried scores of jury cases and has handled appeals in both state and federal courts during his 39+ years at the Bar.
He founded the Construction Law Section of the Travis County Bar Association (now known as the Austin Bar Association), and is a Fellow of the American College of Construction Lawyers.
He has been an Adjunct Professor at the University of Texas School of Law since 1999, teaching courses in Construction Law and Construction Litigation, and was an editor of CONSTRUCTION LAW, a textbook published by the American Bar Association in 2009, used in law schools throughout the nation.
Prior to attending law school, he served as a Lieutenant in Battery K, 4th Bn.,11th Marines in the former Republic of Vietnam.
- The Supreme Court of the United States of America
- The Supreme Court of Texas
- U.S. Court of Claims
- 5th Circuit of the U.S. Court of Appeals
- The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- The U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- The U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Industry Involvement & Memberships
- Fellow, American College of Construction Lawyers [Board Member 2010-11]
- Austin Bar Association, Construction Law Section [Chairman 1996]
- Metropolitan First-Tier Ranking, 2011-2012 U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms”
- Honorary Member, Texas Society of Architects, 2014-present
- J.D., with High Honors, Texas Tech University, 1974
- Order of the Coif; Articles Editor, Texas Tech Law Review
- B.A., Economics, Austin College, 1968
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2012 Austin Construction Law Lawyer of the Year
- Listing with Texas Monthly’s “Top 50 Central/West Texas Lawyers” 2011
- Listing with Texas Monthly’s “Top 100” Texas Lawyers 2011
- Top Attorneys In Texas recognition, Texas Monthly Magazine 2009
- Super Lawyer recognition, 2004-2012
- Band 1 Listing for Construction Attorneys in Texas, Chambers and Partners/USA
St. Andrew’s Episcopal School
– Board Member 1991-94 [Chairman 1994]
Rolling Hills West Neighborhood Association
– Board member 1992- [Chairman 2000]
Heritage Society of Austin
– Board member 1999- [Treasurer 2001]
Westlake Volunteer Fire Department
– Firefighter 1990-93 [Commissioner 1993-96]