Members of the firm have participated in numerous appeals in both state and federal courts, including some of the most significant decisions in Texas Construction Law. To view a sample of the appellate cases that our firm (or its members) have participated in, please visit our Appellate Cases page.
In addition to representing individual clients, we have been hired by industry groups such as the Texas Society of Architects and the American Council of Engineering Companies of Texas to write amicus briefs on topics of industry-wide importance. Recently, these have included briefs in Sharyland Water Supply Corp. v. City of Alton, 354 S.W.3d 407 (Tex. 2011) and Black + Vernooy Architects v. Smith, 346 S.W.3d 877 (Tex. App.—Austin 2011, pet. denied).
- Interstate Contracting Corporation v. City of Dallas, Texas, 135 S.W.3d 605 (Tex. 2004).
- Montemayor v. Chapa, 61 S.W.3d 758 (Tex. App.―Corpus Christi 2001, no pet.).
- Huffmeyer v. Mann, 49 S.W.3d 554 (Tex. App.―Corpus Christi 2001, no pet.).
- Petition of Kristie Leigh Enterprises, Inc., 72 F.3d 479 (5th Cir. 1996).
- Employers Cas. Co. v. Texas Ass’n of Sch. Bd. Workers’ Comp. Self-Ins. Fund, 886 S.W.2d 470 (Tex. App.―Austin 1994, writ dism’d w.o.j.).
- T.O. Stanley Boot Co., Inc. v. Bank of El Paso, 847 S.W.2d 218 (Tex. 1992).
- City of Garland v. Zurn Indust. Inc., 870 F.2d 320 (5th Cir. 1989).
- Johnson v. City of Fort Worth, 774 S.W.2d 653 (Tex. 1989).
- Zurn Indust. Inc. v. Acton Const. Co., Ins., 847 F.2d 234 (5th Cir. 1988).
- Hunt v. Ellisor & Tanner, 739 S.W.2d 933 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1987, writ denied).
- Cook Consultants, Inc. v. Larson, 700 S.W.2d 231 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1985, writ ref’d n.r.e.).
- Porras v. Craig, 675 S.W.2d 503 (Tex. 1984).
- Eames v. St. Paul Title Ins. Co., 654 S.W.2d 560 (Tex. App.—Waco 1983, writ ref’d n.r.e.).
- Lewis v. Drake, 641 S.W.2d 392 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1982, no writ).
- City of Marshall, Texas v. Bryant Air Conditioning Co., 650 F.2d 724 (5th Cir. 1981).
- Price v. Dawson, 608 S.W.2d 339 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1980, no writ).
- Freestone County Title & Abstract Co. v. Johnson, 594 S.W.2d 817 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1980, no writ).
- Mann Merch., Inc. v. Martin, 576 S.W. 2d 781 (Tex. 1978).
- Martin v. Mann Merch. Inc., 570 S.W.2d 208 (Tex. App.―Dallas), writ ref’d n.r.e., 576 S.W.2d 781 (Tex. 1978) (per curiam).
- Kessler v. Raines, 566 S.W. 2d 333 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1978, no writ).
- Hays v. Kessler, 564 S.W. 2d 496 (Tex. App.—Dallas 1978, no writ).
Chapter 150: Updates and Trends in Certificate of Merit Law
Place: The Advocate, State Bar of Texas Litigation Section Report Summer 2016.
Author/Speaker: Will W. Allensworth & William R. Allensworth
The Certificate of Merit: Field of Opportunity and Peril
Place: Presented to the State Bar of Texas 26th Annual Construction Law Conference (2013).
Author/Speaker: Co-authors Matthew C. Ryan and Will Allensworth (co-authored and co-presented by G. Stewart Whitehead)
Recent Developments in Construction Law
Place: Presented to the AACEI Central Texas Section Meeting (Nov. 14, 2012).
Author/Speaker: Travis W. Brown
The Witching Hour: Limitations, Repose, Tolling, and Other Horrors
Place: Presented to the State Bar of Texas 25th Annual Construction Law Conference (2012)
Author/Speaker: Co-authors Matthew C. Ryan & Will Allensworth. Presented by Matthew C. Ryan
Construction Law Update
Place: Presented to the State Bar of Texas 27th Annual Litigation Update Institute (Jan. 21, 2011).
Author/Speaker: Will Allensworth
Introduction to Texas Residential Construction Law (Construction Defects)
Place: Presented to the University of Texas School of Law Residential Construction Law Conference (2003).
Author/Speaker: Joe R. Basham & William R. Allensworth